We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Core Product and New Payment Platforms (Germany, Austria & Switzerland)
Your role in 30 secs:
Grow and develop Mastercard’s Core Products and New Payment Platforms by closely working with account managers and product teams to deepen the cooperation Mastercard has with existing customers by tapping into new opportunities and finding new partners to grow and diversify our business.
Build on the strong existing products and business relationships we have, to drive innovations by launching new products and payment platforms, adopting new business models and help embrace new networks and build new service revenue streams to underscore Mastercard’s thought and service leadership in digital payments.
You are part of a curious, diverse and dynamic team consisting of account managers, business development, product managers, marketing, technical experts and consultants and will report to the Core Product and New Payment Platforms Head, Central Europe.
Things you do
• Develop and execute our core products and new payment platforms strategy in Germany, Austria and Switzerland for consumer and commercial segments in cooperation with country management, account teams and product teams
• Be the driving force between executing on our multi-rail strategy, looking to identify, prioritize and bring to market emerging products such as Open Banking and Bill Payments
• Connect the worlds: make sure our market strategy is aligned with Mastercard’s global and Europe strategy and ensure the market gets the central support required. Work with peers in adjacent functions to “connect the dots” to vividly sketch out a compelling vision of a world beyond cash
• Be entrepreneurial and open minded when exploring new opportunities in the market by embracing new networks, finding new partners or offering new services
• Lead strategic projects and be a pioneer in the field of product development, product differentiation and innovation
• Work with your team and the account teams to build exciting customer pitches including defining the value proposition, business case and overall storyline
• Be the ambassador of your products in Germany, Austria and Switzerland: educate and inspire the team and market about the value or of our core product and new payment platform suite
• Plan and track our product performance and how we perform against targets
• Stay curious: watch the market, watch trends and bring new ideas to the table on how we can differentiate, grow and innovate our product universe
• Grow and develop your team of product experts and lead by example
All About You
Things we expect:
• Interest and passion for payments, banking, financial services, e-commerce and all things digital. Ideally picked up in previous relevant jobs or in a consulting environment
• Ingenuity, curiosity, agility, creativity and a real team player attitude
• Willingness to learn, develop and get involved and roll up your sleeves
• Business acumen with the ability to create and communicate solutions that meet real customer needs – excellent command of the relevant business tools such xls. and ppt.
• Strategic thinking and outstanding communication skills on all levels
• Fluent German and English, more languages are optional
• Ability to effectively work and build relationships in multicultural matrix organization
• A good sense of humor paired with strong work ethic and ambition to “make a difference”
• And yes, MBA or Master or Bachelor degree
• You will be based in Frankfurt with occasional travelling required
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-153795