We are expanding and looking for a Developer Experience (DX) Designer in a full-time position to work with the Product Design team. We’re a distributed team, working from home – though we have a rather nice office in Munich where we hope to have occasional meetups soon!
Developers are a big part of our users thus we are looking for a person whose mission would be to make sure developers have an outstanding experience using our products. You need to understand developers‘ needs and desires, speak their language, anticipate their struggles, engage in the developer community, and run user research with our techy audience. Then you need to translate your knowledge in product improvements together with Product Designers, Product Managers, Technical Content Owners, and Engineers.
WHO WE ARE
Payoneer Germany is Payoneer’s Munich-based Payment Orchestration Provider (POP) offering an open and provider-independent payment platform to help businesses integrate multiple payment gateways, providers, and methods on a global scale. Our platform guarantees online businesses more freedom of choice and reduced complexity in their payment transactions. We provide intelligent payment solutions and tools to enable cross-provider controlling and scoring, and to help customers reduce their operating costs.
With over 100 employees from 29 countries, our Munich office is truly international in every sense of the word. With an experienced team of motivated online payment professionals, we bundle unique and profound know-how with respect to online payments and e-commerce.
WHO YOU ARE
You are a courageous and curious individual willing to dive into unexplored territory and shape your own job. The role is at the intersection of Engineering, UX, and Product. You are acutely aware of Developers‘ problems and needs while having a designer (e.g. problem-solver) mindset. You might be a developer willing to try a different role, a technical product manager, willing to create rather than plan; or a tech-savvy UX-er excited about engineering systems.
- Shaping the UX of our products that are heavily used by developers
- Shaping the UX around API’s that we expose to our customers
- Connecting Products with Documentation materials and helping bridge possible gaps
- Improving the flow of notifying our developer users about updates, releases, and changelogs, versions compatibility
- Applying user research and design thinking methods and tools to connect with our developer audience, to understand their needs and behavior patterns, find opportunities for improvements
- Keeping track of the best practices and DX innovations in the developing world and online payment industries
- Good command of spoken and written English, our chosen language of communication.
- Ability to navigate in different technology stacks, working with webservice API
- Conducting user research and testing, using prototypes or built products
- Wireframing and prototyping skills, knowing UI patterns
- Working with analytics and behavior tracking tools
- Working independently, with high autonomy within our teams
- Demonstrated track record of successfully creating products used by developers
- Experience in the online payments, e-commerce and B2B industries
- Background in Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related fields
- Experience operating in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experience with Design Tools (primarily Sketch or Figma+Miro)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Freedom and responsibility to create innovative solutions within your area (if you believe command-line would be the most optimal UI and can prove it – than go for it!)
- A dynamic and spirited team that knows how to have fun
- High potential for personal development
- The ability to have an impact and shape the future of Merchant Services at Payoneer
- A working environment built around people
- The possibility to do remote work in accordance with company policies
- Other benefits from free beverages and monthly team breakfasts to a flexible working style and a spacious, naturally lit office space