We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development (New Payment Platforms, Europe)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Cross-Border team is looking for a Manager to drive our Business Development in Europe, effectively implementing sales strategy. The ideal candidate is passionate about Cross-Border business, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
In this client-facing position, you will:
• Partner with regional business development head and other stakeholders in the region to identify business opportunities, shortlist and select qualified prospects and deliver sales targets
• Present Cross-Border product, work with prospects on gap analysis, propose an appropriate solution.
• Evaluates business cases, new business models, agreements and partnerships to improve solution’s footprint and competitiveness
• Work with various stakeholders to ensure seamless implementation.
• Leads market analysis and recommends ways to leverage market analysis to inform product and go-to-market strategies
• Take responsibility for driving revenue.
• Create top management presentation and view of the development status in the different geography and globally for the region
All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Have experience executing business development across different payment types, technologies and customer segments
• Have experience executing strategies into clear action plans in multiple markets
• Have excellent Relationship Management skills
• Have a successful track record managing P&L and sales objectives for multiple markets
• Knowledge of Cross Border Business, market economics and dynamics of FX rates is a plus
• Consulting background is a plus
• Be a Strong and confident writer and speaker, to effectively communicate your feedback to stakeholders
Location: Madrid (open to other locations e.g.: Paris, Frankfurt)
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks come with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-152277