Employment Type: Employee
Contract Type: Permanent
Life At Planet
Do you love putting smiles on faces? Do you want to work in an environment that is obsessed with making customers and employees happy? Do you want to be part of a global mission to revolutionise commerce and payments? Do you want to be working in a progressive organisation with the ambition to be the global player in what we do? If you do, then this role could be for you….
You will be able to find current vacancies on: https://www.weareplanet.com/careers
Here at Planet we are extremely proud of our heritage of over 30 years. And it is what makes us a unique payment partner for many of the world’s most prestigious brands. We don’t just provide world class commerce and payment services, we generate revenue for our customers, and we help them grow. In the early days, we set out to simplify the complex payment process of VAT refunds for international shoppers in Europe. Fast-forward to today, and our single payments platform is unique in the industry – the only one that offers acquiring, processing, digital wallets, VAT refunds and currency conversion services. We have recently integrated several other tech businesses – Protel, Hoist, Datatrans, Proiximis – to help us to continue to grow and dominate the market as we set about our mission of being a world leader. And with strong Private Equity Investors from Advent International and Eurazeo, we are well set up to win.
We know that it’s our people that differentiates who we are and what we do…and that is why we are keen to hire world class talent like you.
As Business Development Director, you will be responsible for selling payment solutions ( in-store and online) for the retail industry. You will also be responsible for leading a team that achieves double-digit revenue growth. You analyze key performance indicators and define business strategies based on the needs of your customers and set clear goals for yourself and your team. You will lead your team with a hands-on mentality and be a role model. Our product line is growing rapidly and you enjoy selling technical products to various stakeholders within a company.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing a Hunter team of three
- Selling new products to potential and existing customers. The focus is on new customer acquisition
- Developing and implementing a new retail business strategy that includes segmentation and potential analysis with a clear goal and revenue growth
- Analyze retail business needs and define success criteria relevant to unique business dynamics.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to engage retailers in growth initiatives
- Break down goals and projects into actionable items and define timeline for implementation
- Ensure business goals and objectives are the focus and that all activities are properly reported, documented and shared internally
- Scout for new business models while building and maintaining productive partnerships that can refer and generate new business
- Creatively use email, phone, databases and social media to generate new leads
Who you are
You have years of experience in sales or business development in retail, payments, SaaS or e-commerce
- You have a proven track record of new business acquisition
- You have a network of retail contacts and can start selling with your team immediately
- Omnichannel and unified commerce come naturally to you.
- You are a leader with a strong focus on practical execution
- Your customers and prospects always come first and they love spending time with you
- You are a networker, curious and have a hands-on mentality
- Good decision-making, problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Self-starter and flexible in dealing with a variety of complex problems.
- Willingness to travel at least 50% of the working time.
- Business fluent German and very good written and spoken English skills.
What do we offer and why should you join us?
We don’t shy away from wanting to hire great people to deliver amazing things for our customers. And once you join us, we want to keep you motivated and engaged in our collective mission.
We don’t want you to worry about your pay and wonder if you can have it better someplace else. We follow the market and evaluate salary benchmarks through the year to make sure any salary increases remove any worries and keep you satisfied. We review pay annually to make sure we are paying you what you’re worth.
Growth and skills
We know that for some it’s about growing into more senior and exciting roles, and for others it’s about becoming a deep technical expert. No matter what your ambition, we are with you all the way. We know that investing in you is the way to keep skills relevant and you motivated.
Work from home? Work in the office? Have family and life commitments that mean you need flexibility? What we care about is what you deliver not where you work nor the hours you work. We know flexibility matters and that’s why we offer the flexibility that suits you and your lifestyle.
An array of people
We know that to win, our workforce needs to reflect the world in which we live and the customers we serve. We are proud that we have a culture where everyone and anyone can bring their whole selves to work.
Ready to meet us?
We hope this role sounds exciting and could be your next step. If so, we’d love to meet you – click the button to apply. Go on. Make our day.