So this year we award the popular industry award “FinTech of the year 2020”.
It’s that time again, Payment & Banking would like to award some prizes again. Also this year we will give the “FinTech of the Year Award” to the most interesting and for us most relevant German FinTech /StartUps in the industry. Since the year 2014 we choose the “FinTech of the Year” and also this year the rule has been valid from the very beginning: The first German FinTech Awardis a prize that is awarded exclusively and cannot be purchased through “sponsoring”. An award that comes from the heart, as always, but is awarded by a tough and competent jury. The team of Payment & Banking nominates the FinTechs, but none of us is involved in the selection process of the jury. This year you can submit additional suggestions if you think a FinTech should be missing.
The “FinTech of the year 2020” will again be awarded within the Transactionswhich was on 19 November 2020 will take place in the old steel construction in Offenbach as a hybrid event (live on site & in stream). You can’t give this award a bigger stage!
Nomination phase and regulations
After the nomination phase by the Payment & Banking Team the FinTechs will be presented on the blog. After that you are in demand, because we start the public voting from October 21, 2020 until November 04, 2020 The announcement of all winners will then take place during the Transactions on November 19, 2020 in Offenbach.
The set of rules is as follows:
- Nominated are the StartUps Payment & Banking Team
- The StartUp must be founded in Germany, or be active in Germany
- No spin-off from an existing division of a group as an independent company / no new foundation with exclusively group shareholding and only employed managers
- Insuretechs/Regtechs/Proptechs etc., i.e. start-ups in the financial services sector, are also regarded as Fintech
- A StartUp can be nominated in two categories
- Fintech of the year: Here established champions as well as hopeful laterstage start-ups can be nominated
- Newcomer of the year: Here earlystage companies can be nominated that have impressed us with their growth / product / market presence
A total of five awards will be presented this year
- FinTech of the year 2020 (Jury)
- FinTech of the year 2020 (audience)
- NewComer of the year 2020 (Jury)
- NewComer of the year 2020 (audience)
And because of this year’s situation, also the
- Covid-19 Hero (jury)
The nominees are evaluated by our expert jury according to points and in different categories. The FinTech with the most points overall wins. This year we have also paid attention to diversity. The expert jury is composed of well-known experts from different fields such as start-ups, investors, corporates and media.
This year for the first time our dear friends of PayTechLaw in the awarding of the prize as a partner and with Frank Müller as chairman of the jury, we have been able to gain a strong voice with outstanding professional expertise, who will coordinate our no less competent expert jury.
And this is our jury this year:
- Frank Müller (jury presiding)
- Charles Matthew Schmidt
- Bastian Wilkat
- Nils Wischmeyer
- Dr. Katrin Stark
- Jan Sessenhausen
- Lukas Bennemann
- Meaghan Johnson
- Max Flötotto
- Patrick Meisberger
And last, but not least – here are the protagonists and thus the nominees for the “FinTech of the year” 2020:
- scalable capital
- Solaris Bank
- Q account
- Trade Republic
- KYC now
In the next few days we will present the Fintechs individually in detail. After that you are asked to vote for them in the audience voting. We are very happy and wish every single company good luck!
Short & Scarce
WhenNovember 19, 2020
Where: Frankfurt am Main / Offenbach – Old steel construction, Fredenhagen
TicketsWithin the framework of the Transactions 20 for 699 € live on site (sold out!!!) or 199 € in Stream